Monday, February 9, 2015

The way to Notarized Copy of My Passport

Today, I will tell a story about someone’s problem who wants to legalized his passport and how it could be an exhausting process if you are ignorant the same way he was when he started. He said..!!

Obviously, no one ever try to know anything about the official requirement for document authentication except who needs to authenticate a governmental certificate for personal or business purposes. I was that person and I didn't need to know about the passport legalization except when I was asked to provide a Notarize copy of my passport in order to apply for a job in the UAE. Some “good” people tell me that I can authenticate my passport from the Secretary of State office in my state “California”. When I went there and after I stood in a long line for hours, the clerk tells me that we cannot legalize the passport, only a notarized copy is accepted. Definitely, I left more confused than when I started. Other “good” people also tell me how to notarize my passport from any local notary public. When I finished the notarization and the authentications from the Secretary of State, I was relieved, but not for a very long time. I realized that the kind of authentications I acquired is only accepted in countries that are part of an international treaty called “ApostilleConvention” and for my luck; the UAE was not part of that conference. I was disappointed; I spent a lot of money and wasted precious time.

When I was surfing the internet, I came across an authentication site called copy of mypassport and they explained in details the process to get your passport Legalized or Apostilled. They even offer to do it for you if you are in a hurry. Of course, I send the documents they asked to provide and within 2 days, my passport was ready to send it over. I couldn't believe myself when I received the package and I thought that they might send it early because of some problems with my documents.


At the end, I advise everyone to search on the internet for what they need and stop listening to their friends because they are clueless as you. There are professional people that deal with authentications and governmental offices on a daily basis. I think it will be better than wasting time and money.

Source: storify.com

No comments:

Post a Comment